Dead Battery and a Girl's Night

Girl's night.

That's all I had going on tonight, and I was excited for it.  I use the past tense because this is how I felt before I drove to drop off my movies at Blockbuster.

Cursed Blockbuster.

I had about 25 minutes to drop off my rented movies, stop by the bank, and then get to Cheddar's.  Mmm Cheddar's.

Unfortunately here is where the problems started: I parked in a handicap spot and turned off my car.

Now, I usually don't park in the handicap spot, in fact, I never park in one, but all the front spots were taken and I just needed to toss my movies in the slot box.

Ugh.  This is what I get for parking crookedly in a handicap parking spot.

I put the key in; I turn the ignition; my car doesn't start.  Doesn't even make a sound.  Nothing.

Did I mention it's like 20 degrees outside too?

Yeah.

So, I do what all single girls would do in this situation: call daddy.

Oh, to have a husband...

Here is the part that got me angry: while waiting for dad, I thought I would go into Blockbuster and see if anyone would like to help me.  I had jumper cables, I just needed a car and someone who knew how to jump a car properly.  (The black goes on the right and the...wait do I start one car first?  Do I put the cables on my car or the other first?...yeah.)

Out of eight employees in Blockbuster- EIGHT- I got blank stares and only one person who said, "Well, if someone will loan me their car, I can help." 

Nothing.  No one would offer their car.  In fact, they didn't even say anything- just kept doing their work and acting like I wasn't even there.

Yeah.  So I sat in my freezing car because I am determined to never step into that Blockbuster again and decided to start tonight.  In fact, I just might write a letter to the big Blockbuster man in charge...

Dear Mr. Buster,
Your employees are rubbish and only think of themselves.  Although they were hard at work within your store, they were most certainly not thinking of the customer when I, the customer, was in need.  I will no longer be purchasing any rental movies from your store, although I didn't rent much their anywhere because your prices are simply outrageous.

Happy Going Out of Business,
The Angry Rejected Searching for a Little Bit Help and Didn't Get It Customer

Luckily, Daddy came to the rescue and I made it home, although every time I braked my headlights went out.  That could be trouble.  We'll see tomorrow.

The night ended well.  Of course, I'm still trying to get over the Chick Flick Blues.  Always happens to us single gals after an excellent Chick Flick.  You watch the movie, you love the ending, you ooh and aah at the appropriate parts and smile at the end. 

Then the credits rool and you silently (sometimes really loudly) cry because you realize your life is just the same as it always was, and you have yet to meet a man that is actually interested in you or puts you before his job.

One day.  One day.

Alas.

Until then, I shall dream of beautiful Irish men with great smiles...

0 comments:

Post a Comment