Chick Flicks: the bane of all singles

We are going to ignore the fact that an actual Eharmony employee commented on my previous blog, thus making that entry all the more embarassing and awkward.

Yep.

Ignoring...

You know sometimes I don't know why I watch chick flicks.  I love the humor and I like the romance and I love seeing a relationship actually work, but then again it is a movie and we all know that movies give us what we want to see.  But, do I really want to see that?  Because when I leave the movie theater after a seeing a chick flick my response is usually this:

"Aww, I really liked that movie.....::SOB SOB!:: I hate my life and that I am single and don't have ANYONE like that!!!!  But, the movie was really cute and remember that one part that was really funny?  THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN TO ME!!!!  ::SOB SOB::"

Now, most of what I am saying above is said jokingly with friends, and we all laugh (har har har), but deep down (where nobody ever sees), a small percentage of myself cries one single tear of self pity...

And then I go to bed and wake up refreshed and ready to go the next day!  Woot!

Ah, the joys of singledom.

1 comments:

Kelly H said...

Yeah....the awesome parts in romantic comedies still haven't happened to me! I've started looking at chick flick more as wishes rather than life. I'd almost classify them in the fantasy category if I were going to categorize my movies.
I know it doesn't help that an old married woman is telling you this, but I'd rather have what God says is a good marriage and relationship (1 Peter 3, Song of Solomon, even some in Acts).
But I'll still go watch them at the theater with you.....as long as they don't suck like the last one.

Post a Comment